Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Humbled

As I mentioned before, I submitted the "Sweet Assurance," essay to Time Out For Women...well, I was contacted today and asked if I would read my essay at the Orlando conference! This is not going to be an easy task! This years presenters are amazing and powerful people with so much to offer. http://deseretbook.com/time-out

I was merely planning on going to the event to fill all my empty spots with the sweet assurance of the spirit. I was also planning on crying a lot in the company of friends.....not necessarily in front of 1500 or so people! I really pray that I will be able to hold myself together...at least for the short essay that I will read. I don't care if I cry later. Crying is something that I do now, the same as breathing, they have become quite synonymous.

The conference is this weekend, March 20 and March 21st. I will be reading my essay around 10:30 AM on Saturday. PLEASE, if you wouldn't mind, say an extra prayer for me. I would really appreciate it!

Thank you for your continued love and support for me and my family. I feel your love and prayers, without them, I would not be where I am right now. I am in a good place today.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Angela,
I'll be in the temple in Sacramento at exactly that time (7:30am California time) and I will be sure to say a prayer for you there. I just might even write your name to be placed on a very special spot in that sacred structure. We love you guys and our hearts ache for you and yours. Reading your entries makes me cry (I don't think I'm supposed to do that :)
-Jeff Bradford

Kiera said...

You've always been inspiring to me. Now you'll get to inspire 1500 others. Best of luck to you.

I cry for you. Just last night I cried for you. I love you.

Kristi said...

Your essay was very moving, and I can see why they picked you! I look forward to hearing it, and of course I'll be praying for you.

Kindermusik with Celeste said...

well deserved...you'll be great! Wish I could be there to hear it in person!

Sheryl Towers said...

As I told you on the phone, I knew they would be picking your essay. I know it will be hard, but so has this past year, and now you can help others that need to hear you. What a blessing you have been to me. What a joy you have always been and what an incredible, loving, nurturing mother you have become. I will pray for Angels as well as Evan, to lift and comfort you, as you do your part to lift and comfort the audience. It is an honor being your mother.

Steve said...

My first born in the wilderness:

You will do an awesome job because you will have the spirit to direct you and because of that, you will effect many that are there. I am very proud of you and will have a special prayer in your behalf for your words and thoughts to flow. And if the tears flow-which they will, so be it--how can you not. Remember the scripture that says "Jesus wept".

Love
Dad

Anonymous said...

Wow, what an awesome experience that is going to be. I'm so grateful for you as a friend, you are a truly remarkable woman. I always have a prayer for you and your family in my heart. I think that you will do great.

Andrea said...

Oh, Angela. I will be praying for you. I will be praying you will feel added strength and peace. I know you will influence so many people with your sweet and amazing essay. I also hope you feel Evan near...I'm sure he is so proud of his amazing mother.
Love,
Andrea
Wyatt's mommy

Casey Gentle said...

I knew it would be you! How could they choose someone else when youre essay was there. Kiera said it exactly the way I was thinking it. You inspire me all the time, now 1500 others will be inspired by you too! I can't wait! Let me know if you need a hand to hold.

The Boohers said...

Wow! I was wondering what they would be doing with the essays (like printing them to put in the tote bag or something). You'll have a whole row praying for you right in the audience.

Steve and Donna said...

Hi- I need to get your blog on my list- how do we go about doing that? Also I will be there Sat. so let's make sure we connect. Donna

Shaela said...

You will be in my prayers. Your testimony and faith inspire me every day. I know you'll do great. Wish I could be there.

Anonymous said...

Hi Angela,
I love so much what your mom and dad wrote to you here. I totally echo what they said. You have always been an amazing person. Your writings are exceptionally powerful and touching. I'm so glad more people are going to benefit from hearing what you have to say. You continue to be in my prayers and thoughts. God bless you.
~ Bev

Jenn said...

Angela, I am so glad that I will be there to hear your amazing and inspiring words in person. I will be praying for you, and hope to visit for a minute or two sometime during the conference.
Love, Jennifer

Melica and Aaron said...

Angela, I will be there too - supporting you and saying a prayer. You will have more than a row praying for you. It sounds like you will be busy, but I too would love to see you for a minute if I can!

Ingrid said...

I loved your essay. Although I was unable to make TOFW, I heard about you reading your essay and that is was very moving. I think of you often, sweet Angela. You are truly an angel among us and an inspiration to me. Just today, I was talking with Ashley about your sweet Evan and she always says, "Evan is a fun little boy. He likes to play." In her mind and heart, he is still with us. He truly is.

Shauna said...

I prayed for you all morning and the entire time you were presenting your beautiful message.
Thank you, Angela for sharing.

Aaron said...

I prayed for you and knew you'd do great. I love you! I'm really looking forward to being with the fam again next month.
-Your bro

Laine said...

How did it go Angela?