(picture taken at Time Out For Women)
My brother, our new Bishop, gave a very inspiring lesson on searching the scriptures for answers....he also mentioned that he had only been Bishop for 7 months.....which triggered in me "7 months without Evan," they share the same anniversary. I thought how in one moment 7 months can feel so short in regards of a postion, but feel like an eternity with a loss of a loved one.
Sundays are so hard.
Then Monday came. We went to talk with our mortuary about Evan's permanent marker....I knew this was going to be difficult. Of course, I start crying during the process.....
That night was hard.....more tears until I was so tired, I just collasped to sleep.
Just Let Me Cry is a song written by Hilary Weeks. It has brought me comfort as well as many tears. What I love about this song is that it speaks to me...this is how I feel.
These are the Lyrics:
I believe that everything happens for a reason
We're not just tossed by the wind or left in the hands of fate
But sometimes life sends a storm that's unexpected and we're
forced to face our deepest pain
When I feel the heartache begin to pull me under
I dig my heels in deep and I fight to keep my ground
Still at times the hurt inside grows stronger
And there's nothing I can do but let it out
Just let me cry
I know it's hard to see
But the pain I feel
Isn't going away today
Just let me cry
Till every tear has fallen
Don't ask when and don't ask why
Just let me cry
When I agreed that God could put this heart
inside me
I understood that there would be a chance that it
would break
But I know He knows exactly how I'm feeling
And I know in time He'll take the pain away
But for now
Just let me cry
I know it's hard to see
But the pain I feel
Isn't going away today
Just let me cry
Till every tear has fallen
Don't ask when and don't ask why
Just let me cry
I have felt joy the kind that makes my hear
want to sing
And so my tears are not a surrender
I'll feel that way again
But for now
For this moment
Just let me cry
I know it's hard to see
But the pain I feel
Isn't going away today
Just let me cry
Till every tear has fallen
Don't ask when and don't ask why
Just let me cry
I believe that everything happens for
a reason

7 comments:
Dear Angela,
If every tear shed could build a ladder to heaven, we'd be there, already.
As after a hard rainfall, everything looks better, so does with shedding lots of tears.
Keep on crying, as much as you need! I think it keeps us connected better with our inner self. I really feel people who can't cry, are really missing out.
oxoxoxoxoxoxox's Mom
Sundays are always so hard for me too. In fact every church related activity makes the feelings so raw. I am right behind you in your grief. I am breathing today so I will use my prayers for you. Know there are so many out here pulling for you. Evan was so very cute.He reminds me of my Loughlin at that age, always smiling, always making others smile.
With Love,
Kendalee
(Rhiannon and Loughlin's mom)
Angela:
I bought a Cd yesterday of Hillary Weeks and I'm hoping that song is on there. If not I need to go get it. I love the words! We also went to the mortuary yesterday to decide on a headstone for Wyatt...so hard! Many tears! I still can't beleive we are designing a headstone and not a scrapbook page. It's just not right. Thinking of you as always.
Love,
Andrea
Wyatt's mommy
I can't wait to hug you on Monday night! hugs and kisses Ang!
Every time I read your blog, that song goes off in my head as the tears roll down my cheeks. I hope that no one calls or comes in the shop. Sometimes I just want to cry too! Thank you.
When we finally got Daxton's bench it was so "final." I mean not like it wasn't final before.... but you know what I mean. Thinking of you.
Angela, We pray for you every night. I have shed many tears for you and hope for peace to feel your soul today. I love you dearly and can't wait to see you when we are in Florida in two weeks. I hope it's okay if I cry and want to see lots of pictures of your sweet Evan.
Post a Comment