they have been through so much this year.
The beginning of this school year was so much better than last year. I still can't believe I sent my kids to school last year only 4 days after we buried their little brother. I guess I figured that starting school last year would bring some normalcy to them. Looking back, I hope I did the right thing.
Here's a little scoop about their day!
The kids loved their teachers! Cameron made a new friend based on the fact that they both love Mario Cart! I guess they talked about that during free time. I wish I couldn't have been a fly on the wall to see how Mario Cart was brought up....so cute, he is growing up!
Kailey decided that her "man teacher" wasn't so bad, he ended up being super funny! (She went to the eye doc today...as long as she keeps both her eyes open, she should be fine...when he checked one eye at a time, she was pretty near sighted...so glasses may be in our future...)
Danielle loved her day too...except for the fact that in 5th grade you have to run 3 laps every day. I personally think that is great....but she is our non-do anything-just read a book girl...it's good for her!
We have come a long way, but man is this road ever long. I thought for sure I'd be with Evan by now! (I am not being morbid, just looking forward to that day when Christ will come again) But, between now and then, I've got a lot to work on and things about my to improve.
Here's a little scoop about their day!
The kids loved their teachers! Cameron made a new friend based on the fact that they both love Mario Cart! I guess they talked about that during free time. I wish I couldn't have been a fly on the wall to see how Mario Cart was brought up....so cute, he is growing up!
Kailey decided that her "man teacher" wasn't so bad, he ended up being super funny! (She went to the eye doc today...as long as she keeps both her eyes open, she should be fine...when he checked one eye at a time, she was pretty near sighted...so glasses may be in our future...)
Danielle loved her day too...except for the fact that in 5th grade you have to run 3 laps every day. I personally think that is great....but she is our non-do anything-just read a book girl...it's good for her!
We have come a long way, but man is this road ever long. I thought for sure I'd be with Evan by now! (I am not being morbid, just looking forward to that day when Christ will come again) But, between now and then, I've got a lot to work on and things about my to improve.
I began teaching Joy School yesterday and wow, are these kids great! My Joy School venture began when I did a Co-op Joy School when Kailey was 4....then fast forward... when Cameron was 3.... I had 5 Moms wanting me to teach all the Joy School....Now I am in my 3rd year teaching with the Franchised Joy School! It is great. The wonderful thing is that I get to do this without leaving my home! The kids this year are so cute and little! I have no 4's turning 5 this year....but boy are these kids smart! I have two almost 3 year olds that know all their abc's and numbers!! The other 5 three year olds could be in preschool right now! I feel really privileged to be teaching such bright minds! (of course, I say the same thing every year...all the kids I have taught are so smart...good parenting!) I am teaching 3 days a week this year. I added a Wednesday class that acts as a precursor to my little Joy School. It is going to be a lot of fun. These kids are 2-3 year olds and I can't wait to see them today.
4 comments:
What a busy week for you!
Thanks so much for your willingness to use your gifts and talents for the children (and families) participating in Joy School!
You're awesome sis!! Way to go! Wish we lived close so we could teach together. That would be fun. Well, hope it's going well for you. Love you and miss you.
Ash
You really have been down a long hard road, but what an amazing mother you are! Your Joy School students are being blesseed to have you as their teacher. Best of everything for a great year with them. The pictures of the kids are priceless! oxoxox's mom
Marvelous, simply marvelous. What a Mom you are and your hubster is not too bad either. Have a great year--be happy------we love you all so much-the pictures of the kids were great-----growing up so
Love dad
Post a Comment