I have been gripping onto shore again....for the last several days... I feel that I just can't take another wave pulling me out...it is so hard to resurface. I have been left breathless again...how do I breathe?
The hardest part is that I have to live...despite it all....I can't be with Evan...I am here....stuck in the middle of the ocean clutching onto my life preserver....can't I just let it go...why do I have to hold on? The waves are too enormous and they pull me down to the depths...but again I come up...for a moment...for days.....for weeks.....then out of nowhere...the wave takes me down again and again. If you ever have been boogie boarding...you know physically what it feels like to hit bottom...add on emotional, mental, spiritual etc...and try to get yourself afloat. Sometimes it is so hard that I just want to stay down there and not come back up.
I want to be happy again. Yes, I do have moments of happiness. But, they are more fleeting now. Someday...will I have all of Me back? I always feel like I am missing or forgetting something... Missing Evan....for sure...he's in every thought....If you are talking to me....Evan is the forefront of my mind and sometimes I can't hear what you are saying.
Please understand, please realize everything is not okay, please let me vent and be human....please talk about Evan...please remember that I love to hear his name. Please let me say I have 4 children...Please understand if I don't want to make new friends...I don't want to start at the beginning with them...Please realize that you will probably get my anwering machine if you call....Please understand if I talk of my "angel mom's" (even though we haven't met) they are my network of friends...they completely understand what I am going through....
I took the following quote off of another "angel mom's" blog. It is fitting for me.
Grief is not linear. People kept telling me that once this happened or that passed, everything would be better. Some people gave me one year to grieve. They saw grief as a straight line, with a beginning, middle, and end. But it is not linear. It is disjointed.
One day you are acting almost like a normal person. You may even manage to take a shower. Your clothes match. You think the autumn leaves look pretty, or enjoy the sound of snow crunching under your feet. Then a song, a glimpse of something, or maybe even nothing sends you back into the hole of grief.
It is not one step forward, two steps back. It is a jumble. It is hours that are all right, and weeks that aren't. Or it is good days and bad days. Or it is the weight of sadness making you look different to others and nothing helps. Not haircuts or manicures or the Atkins Diet....Grief doesn't have a plot. It isn't smooth. There is no beginning and middle and end. -Ann Hood (Author of Comfort, a Journey through Grief)
I am a mother who grieves; I am honest; My feelings are raw; I will keep enduring....
10 comments:
Angela,
Where do you live? I have often come to your blog and stare at your family photo at the top. My thought when I first saw your family photo was, 'I want to be friends with them. I like them already.' And while I don't know much about you personally, (your likes, dislikes, age, interests, where you live, etc.) of course I know your grieving heart...and I love you.
That Evan is breathtaking. I hope you feel him close.
I wish we lived closer! I wish that you didn't have to experience this pain. My heart aches for your family. I love and miss you guys! Hang in there!
Angela, I am sorry that your moment of peace has left you. You are always still in our prayers. I hope that this wave of pain will calm down soon so that you can at least float for a while. I am always thinking of you. Much love and hugs to you and your sweet family!
Angela,
I'm so sorry we've been so busy visiting in Utah and not calling daily. I'm calling you in a few minutes. I wish I could hug you and hold you for a long time. I love you sooooo much.
Mom
Angela, there just isn't anything I can say to make you feel better. You mean the world to your family, including Adam, the kids and I. Just keep holding on.
I am glad you can talk about all your feelings and you have support from the Angel Moms. It can be so hard to figure out what those grieving feelings are and how to articulate them...
I hope that comfort find you and all of our family in darkest times. There is so much hope to find in the truths of the gospel and the words of friends/family that really strike your heart.
Love you!
You were on my mind all weekend. I love you and feel so blessed to know you.
Angela:
Oh, your words describe grief perfectly...the life that we are living right now. It's so hard...the waves are unbearable at times and I wonder will it ever get better? It's just so hard. I just wanted you to know that I think of you all the time. I feel your pain and wish so badly I could give you a hug and cry with you as you tell me every little thing about your sweet Evan. The waves you have describe are so unbearably hard. The wanting to talk about Evan is so much of what I'm feeling about Wyatt. I want people to remember him and not forget him. I have 4 kids not 3. It's all so hard. Know you are not alone. Thanks for being real and telling it how it is. I think you are amazing. I will be praying for you.
Love,
Andrea
Wyatt's mommy
Life is crappy sometimes. It's simply unfair we have to walk this rotten road, a road of heartache, loneliness, and jelousy. I know all to well the clinging and desperation. How I wish grief had a beginning, a middle, and an end. Keep your head high.
Oh Ang......I cryed and am still crying after reading your blog. Oh how I wish that we lived closer!! I know that I can't take your pain away, but I want to help you with your struggles. I enjoy your phone calls late at night when you need someone to talk to. Please keep calling whenever and whatever time. I am so sad. I wish there was something more to do. I wish I could be your boat to lay in and I could sail and you and keep you safe. I love you Ang. I miss you more than ever. I Can't wait to see you in a little over a month.
Love always, your baby sister and best friend forever, Ash
Post a Comment