
Last Friday, Our friends Aaron and Melica had a healthy, beautiful baby girl, named Hailey Elizabeth....yesterday she called me and told me that her precious angel passed away Thanksgiving Morning.
There are no words to describe my feelings....so many close friends....so many new angel babies......I am still in shock....and weary that yet, another friend has to experience the horrific pain of grief....for a lifetime... So sad that her children have to experience what my children have had to endure... This has been a painful year....
But then....so grateful to know that we are not alone in our grief. Our Savior is by our side and he sends angels to comfort us and give us strength. So grateful that I am a "year out" in my grief so I can offer solace to another bereaved mother...so grateful that my children will be able to offer love to their children in a way that only bereaved children can. So grateful that my husband will be able to reach out his arms of love for his friend...
So if you happen to read this post, Please send your love and prayers to the Leishman family. They will be holding a memorial service tomorrow, Sunday, Nov. 29th at 1:30 in Estero, Florida.
2 comments:
Oh Angela,
My heart is so broken. When Melica called me the first thing I said was that I was in disbelief that she would be joining you as an "angel mom". How can I have two dear friends suffer through such a difficult thing? I am thankful that you can love and support her. I have learned so much from you before and since you lost Evan. I know Melica feels the same way. I'm grateful for the knowledge of Christ for without him I would not have hope or understanding of such tragedies.
Love to you and your family.
I'm sorry I didn't get to say hi to you and give you a hug while you were here supporting Melica. I saw you at the cemetary but only a moment before it was time for most of us to go. I'm glad you were able to be there for her.
It has been so long it seems since I was your vt back in the Bonita days. I haven't commented much but I constantly check in to see how you are doing. You can find us at www.johnandmelaniesmith.blogspot.com
We were out of town when your little angel went home. I didn't even hear about it until quite some time later. I'm so sorry. Thank you though for the strength you share and the testimony you bare of a loving Heavenly Father, the plan that is provided for us and the promises available to us. Melanie Smith
Post a Comment